Powered By Blogger

Sunday, December 28, 2014

What I'm Reading - Christmas Edition

I was  a good boy, so I got books for Christmas! Here's what I'll be tucking into over the next few weeks. Or months, or year. So many books, so little time . . . .


As You Wish: Inconceivable Tales from the making of The Princess Bride Cary Elwes. This is one of my all-time favorite films, and the books is a bounty of funny and heartwarming tales about its production.

Hornblower and the "Hotspur" by C.S. Forester. From my boys. Hornblower is required reading for anyone who claims to like adventure stories. 

The Next 100 Years: a Forecast for the 21st Century by George Friedman.  My appreciation for STRATFOR is well known on this blog.

Raising Steam by Sir Terry Pratchett.  Another Discworld novel. Satire and Fantasy and outstanding storytelling.  Do yourself a favor, and read Pratchett's Discworld books. Really. Go get one right now.


And as if that wasn't enough, I've already got a few things on the bedside table to read:

Organizations, a Very Short Introduction by Mary Jo Hatch. One in OUP's Very Short Introduction series.
and

The Geopolitics of Israel and the Palestinians compiled by Stratfor.

No comments: