Powered By Blogger

Friday, June 15, 2012

Didn't See That Coming, Round Two

     This evening, while I was out walking my dogs, I happened to notice a bit of commotion in front of the townhouse directly opposite mine. I walked over to investigate and found my across-the-street neighbors, college students at the school where I work, had succeeded in locking themselves out of their house. Fortunately this was not one of those movie setups where someone got out of the shower and went outside in a towel. But I digress. Despite the niggling concern that I might have been aiding and abetting housebreakers, I fetched my ladder and one of the students hoisted themselves into an upstairs window that was unlocked. As the fellow was half-way through the window, one of the ones holding the ladder optimistically opined "what could go wrong now?" I was reminded of THIS entry over at TV Tropes. Yes, I spend a lot of time reading there. It's fun. You should go have a look. Well the fellow got in, and the door was unlocked, and they weren't thieves, and now I'm going to bed. What fun it is to have college students for neighbors.

No comments: